2. The Asian Development Bank approved an additional USD 69 million loan for the Electricity Grid Modernization Project, which would be used to expand, strengthen and modernize the power transmission capacity and distribution systems in Nepal. 
3. The Civil Aviation Authority of Nepal will be signing a long-term government-to-government deal with India to conduct periodic radar flight inspections and airport surveillance in order to…
1. The Government of Nepal and the World Bank signed an NPR 5.87 billion agreement for the development of Nepal’s education sector and strengthen the health sector.
2. The Nepal Electricity Authority and Power Grid Corporation of India signed an agreement on 8 September 2021 to jointly invest in building the Indian portion of the 400 kV Butwal-Gorakhpur cross-border transmission line.
3. With the House of Representatives failing to pass the budget replacement bill on 14 September, Nepal is facing a “Budget Holiday”, meaning that the government would not be able to spend from the state coffers until the bill…
1. Nepal Rastra Bank (NRB) has rolled out the Payment System Inspection and Supervision Bylaw 2021 in order to formalize inspection and supervision of payment system operators and payment service providers.
2. Nepal Tourism Board in collaboration with the Trekking Agencies Association of Nepal (TAAN) and with the support of UNDP has launched a “Sustainable Tourism for Livelihood Recovery” to create short term jobs for 1,000 people in the tourism sector.
3. To achieve its targets of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) by 2030, Nepal has faced an annual investment gap of NPR 558 billion. 
2. With the Department of Tourism (DoT) resuming the issuance of climbing permits for autumn season this year, NPR 2.646 million has been collected as royalties from climbers so far.
3. According to NRB, vehicle purchases entailed a total NPR 837.12 billion bank loans over the last five years, with NPR 679 billion being commercial loans.
1. The government has collected revenue worth NPR 94 billion, which represents 8.5% of this year’s target, in the first month of the fiscal year 2021/22. This is an increase of 42% compared to the first month of previous fiscal year.
2. Laptops worth NPR 7.72 billion have been imported in Nepal in the fiscal year 2020/21. Similarly, the government collected tax revenue of NPR 992.67 million from the import of laptops in the same year.
2. Nepal’s poverty level reduced significantly from 30.1 percent in 2014 to 17.4 percent in 2019 before the pandemic, according to the Multidimensional Poverty Index (MPI)-2021 report released by the National Planning Commission (NPC).
3. The US announced an additional $10.5 million in COVID-19 aid for Nepal through USAID which will be used…
1. According to the Department of Industry, foreign direct investment (FDI) pledges dropped by 14.81 percent to reach at NPR 32.20 billion in the FY 2020/21 ending mid-July. In comparison, the FDI pledges of the previous FY 2019/20 were worth NPR 37.80 billion.[i]
2. The deadline for constructing the USD 215.96 million Chinese-funded international airport project in Pokhara has been extended in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. The new deadline has been set for 10 July 2022.[ii]
1. Around 52,000 metric tons of Urea fertilizer procured from Bangladesh under the government to government (G2G) model arrived in Nepal on 29 July 2021.
2. Nepal Telecommunication Authority has endorsed a working guideline on the use of 5G mobile internet, paving the way for the telecom service providers to carry out test operation.
3. The government appointed Dr. Biswo Poudel as Vice Chairman of the National Planning Commission (NPC). He is an economist with specialization in natural resources economics, labor economics, and economic history, and holds a PhD in Agricultural and Resource Economics from the University of California, Berkeley.
16 July 2021–22 July 2021
1. Nepal and India have signed a Letter of Exchange (LoE) to the India-Nepal Rail Services Agreement (RSA) 2004, which will allow all authorized cargo train operators to utilize the Indian railway network to carry Nepal’s container and other freight — both bilateral between India and Nepal or third country from Indian ports to Nepal.
2. Nepal Telecommunications Authority (NTA) is set to introduce the Mobile Device Management System, a security software that enables the regulator to implement policies that secure, monitor and manage end-user mobile devices from July 16. …